Specialist for restaurants and event catering (m/f/d)
3-year dual training with 1 to 2 days of vocational school per week. Particularly suitable for restaurants and events are open and friendly people who like to work in a team. Dealing with guests is part of daily life, and communication and sales skills help. Those who can organize well and keep calm and an overview even when things are hectic are right for this profession. Foreign languages are an advantage.
Specialist for restaurants and event catering (m/f/d)
Restaurant and event catering professionals have the well-being of their guests in mind - whether it's a dinner or a large meeting, a unique wedding celebration or daily à la carte service. They have the host role in the restaurant, at the bar, and at all different types of events. You are proficient in all processes, from seasonal and occasion-related preparation of the rooms to advising guests and expertly serving drinks, food and menus to invoicing.
The ReVas are the bridge between kitchen and guest, they have the know-how to be able to explain the origin, taste and preparation of food and drinks to the guests. They are familiar with trends in food and drink. No matter how lively things get, they maintain an overview and coordinate the entire catering operation.
Gastro & Event - the new power couple in training! The specialists for restaurants and event catering have been completely repositioned as full professionals around all types of events. From the conception of meetings, banquets and celebrations to their organization and implementation - they have the overview and the strings in their hands.
- Entry date after arrangement
- Duty hours vary, depending on department.
- Flexible working time models: Simply let us know how many days per week and hours per day you would like to work. We will check whether we have a suitable requirement according to your wishes.
- At least 28 days of annual leave: Because we know how important rest is, we ensure sufficient time for relaxation and regeneration.
- Company vacations over Christmas: Our hotel closes the week before and during Christmas and reopens only on December 27. So you can enjoy a contemplative and relaxing Christmas time.
- Consideration of free wishes: Private matters are often enough in the foreground. We therefore make every effort to take your wishes into account when planning your duties.
- Fair salary: We are guided by the collective agreement for the hotel industry of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, because we are convinced that your work should be fairly remunerated.
- Supplements: You will receive tax-free supplements for evening and Sunday work with us.
- Christmas and vacation bonus: This bonus is paid after one year of service.
- Positive working environment: As a wellness hotel, we are surrounded by relaxed guests - a great fortune for the daily working atmosphere.
- Clear focus: As a designated wellness hotel, we concentrate on the essentials and therefore do not hold large events such as weddings.
- Flat hierarchies: Open communication is close to our hearts. Therefore, we promote a flat hierarchy and value the opinions and ideas of all our employees.
- Continuing education: Regular training and continuing education support your professional and personal development. 100% promoted.
- Accommodation: We will be happy to help you find suitable accommodation and can temporarily accommodate you in the hotel.
- Staff discounts: You benefit from an attractive discount of 30% on all hotel-owned services and a discount of 25% in the gastronomic establishments of the "Sterne im Sauerland" hotels.
- Fitness & Spa: You can use our fitness area, swimming pools and recreation room with table tennis, foosball and darts. Also the participation in our daily course program for the guests is desired, if there are free places.
- Special rates for private travel: Benefit from exclusive special rates for private travel to around 600 hotels via www.personights.de.
- Secondary school diploma
- Enjoy working with and for people
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Good manners, pleasant appearance
- Quick comprehension
- Organizational and sales talent
- Diligence and sense of responsibility
- Computational skills
Your future tasks:
- Designing the guest experience as a host
- Advise guests on food and beverages
- Sales promotion
- Professional serving of food and beverages
- Making coffee specialties and cocktails
- Organization of service processes
- Planning and organizing events
- Dealing with billing and reservation systems
- Sustainability and hygiene
- Guidance and leadership of employees and work in a team
Further training opportunities after successful completion of training:
The most diverse areas of the catering and event industry are open to trained ReVas. The broad training and diverse opportunities for further education open doors to a wide variety of career paths, including abroad. In restaurants, junior professionals often start as Commis de Rang and progress toward restaurant management. In hotels, food and beverage management, banquet and event departments offer exciting entry-level opportunities. Some ReVas also choose to work as bartenders for event or convention organizers. Advancement to F&B manager or restaurant director, for example, is possible. Others become self-employed and open their own restaurant.
💡 Apply now
We look forward to receiving your application documents including CV either classically by mail or by e-mail in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online short application
Become part of something beautiful
We invite you to become part of our owner-managed DIEDRICH Wellnesshotel & SPA. Our Adults Only Hotel is a haven for wellness, relaxation and enjoyment, surrounded by the picturesque Sauerland nature. This harmonious spirit is also reflected in our working atmosphere, characterized by cordiality, friendliness and fairness.
As an established wellness hotel & SPA, we refrain from large-scale events and set a minimum age of 16 years for our guests. This ensures not only a quiet and exclusive atmosphere for our guests, but also a pleasant workplace for our team. As members of leading hotel cooperations, we offer our employees tangible benefits and constantly strive for improvement.
We see a positive working environment as the key to meaningful collaboration. At our company, all employees are treated fairly and receive an appropriate salary and fringe benefits. Flexible working hours, support in finding accommodation and opportunities for further development are just some of the benefits we offer. We are open to career changers and encourage motivated talent.
With around 60 employees, we offer our guests an extensive range of services, including numerous rooms and restaurants, a comprehensive SPA area and various fitness courses. Thanks to our membership in renowned hotel networks, we keep our finger on the pulse of the hotel industry.
Our guests love the atmosphere we offer, and this is reflected in our day-to-day work. Our employees also benefit from special rates for private travel to over 500 hotels across Germany and around 40 wellness hotels. Come and join us and experience what it means to work in a warm and familiar environment.
Open in google maps
Back to the overview