Family run since 1898
Founded and built more than 120 years ago by Anton and Ida Diedrich. Today it is still run by the Diedrich family, now in the fourth generation.
We have always focused on a single goal: turning guests into friends. Friends of the house and friends of each other. That's why we always keep a close eye on what people actually need. If we had offered in 1898 what we offer today, we would have failed impressively. If we were to offer today what we offered then, of course, we would also fail. Fortunately, we have understood this quite well.
Even in 1898, the year of our founding, our house was a place to refuel, because at that time, as a postal station, we accommodated many people passing through. They ate fresh and good food here, had great conversations with each other and let us ease their long journeys.
Today, more than 120 years later, we have become the destination of the journey. We are a refuge and an oasis of calm with plenty of space to recharge.
In the meantime, we have created a place for you that takes into account today's longings and necessities. A place of well-being, artful enjoyment and holistic "wellbeings". But we have not created just any place, no, a special place with a special offer. A place to fall in love with. A place that you will remember fondly.
How did we manage that? Not by using superlatives and gimmicks. But through empathetic listening and listening to what our guests told us. We deliberately left out everything else so that we could concentrate on the essentials. On the one hand, this is the proverbial Diedrich's hospitality & hospitableness, which we have carried in our genes for generations. On the other hand, the very special concept - one that we are particularly proud of: a concept with which we guide you back to peace, balance and your inner centre.
Seeing land again
For us, the words "see land again" always inspire us to think - to reflect; to listen to ourselves. For us it means to clarify our own view, to come to ourselves and to open up new perspectives. What do you associate with the words "See land again"?
Hotel Diedrich anno 1898
In 1898, Anton & Ida Diedrich realised their dream of building a hotel. After the official permit was granted on 15 June 1898, the opening of the hotel took place in December 1898.
[...] to operate the innkeeping business in compliance with the police regulations, if he has a stable for guest horses and a coach house erected.Extract from the official permit at the time
At the same time, the two built a rental building for the Imperial Post Office in the annex to the hotel. Even today, the "Alte Post" restaurant and the Poststube are reminders of the almost 90-year rental history.
- 1st generation: In 1898 our family business was founded with the construction of the hotel building by Anton & Ida Diedrich.
- On Monday, 12 June 1899, the overnight guest, land surveyor Hüser from Brilon, 55 kilometres away, arrived and stayed in one of the nine hotel rooms.
- 2nd generation: From 1939, Erich & Anna-Luise Diedrich ran the house through the war and occupation.
- 3rd generation: In 1980 Reinhard & Dorothea Diedrich took over and led the house in the following decades, by means of consistent investment measures and high gastronomic quality, on solid ground.
- In 2007 and the following years, Reinhard & Dorothea Diedrich initiated the comprehensive reorganisation of the house into a wellness hotel & SPA with a major investment.
- In 2012, the restaurant "Antons" was opened - named after founder Anton Diedrich.
- 4th generation: On 1 January 2017, the business was handed over from Reinhard & Dorothea Diedrich to their sons Benjamin & Leander Diedrich.
- In 2019, planning began for the next major investment to further develop the repositioning that began in 2007 - completion by the end of 2021.
We continue to be full of ideas and so, today as in the past, we work tirelessly to create your haven to recharge.
Open in google maps
Photos & Impressions