Family run since 1898
Our hotel was founded and built over 120 years ago by Anton and Ida Diedrich. Today it is still managed by the Diedrich family, now in the fourth generation.
We have always focused on one goal: to turn guests into friends - friends of the hotel and of each other. That's why we keep a close eye on what people actually need.
If we had offered in 1898 what we offer today, we would have failed miserably. If we were to offer today what we offered then, we would have done the same. Fortunately, we understood this well.
Already in the founding year 1898, our house was a place to refuel, because at that time, as a postal station, we accommodated many people passing through. With us they could eat fresh and good food, have great conversations and let us support them on their long journeys.
Today, more than 120 years later, we have become the destination of the journey - a place of refuge and an oasis of calm with plenty of space to recharge.
We have created a place that meets today's desires and needs - a place of well-being, artful enjoyment and holistic "wellbeings". But we have not created just any place, but a very special place with a special offer. A place to fall in love with and to remember.
And how did we manage that? Not by using superlatives and gimmicky bells and whistles, but by empathetically listening to what our guests tell us. We deliberately left out anything superfluous and concentrated on the essentials. On the one hand, this is the proverbial Diedrich hospitality and hospitability that has been ingrained in our genes for generations. On the other hand, we are particularly proud of our unique concept, which leads you back to peace, balance and inner center.
Seeing Land Again
For ourselves, the words "Seeing Land Again" always inspire us to think - to reflect; to listen within ourselves. For us, it means clarifying our own view, coming to ourselves and opening up new perspectives. What do you associate with the words "See land again"?
Hotel Diedrich anno 1898
In 1898 Anton and Ida Diedrich realized their dream of building a hotel. After the official permission was granted on June 15, 1898, the opening took place in December of the same year.
[...] to operate the innkeeping business in compliance with the police regulations, if he has a stable for guest horses and a coach house built.Extract from the official permit at the time
At the same time, they also built an annex for the Imperial Post Office. The rental building still stands next to the hotel and has a history of almost 90 years. The restaurant 'Alte Post' and the Poststube still remind of this time.
- 1st generation, 1898: Anton and Ida Diedrich founded our family business with the construction of the hotel building.
- June 1899: The overnight guest Landmesser Hüser from Brilon arrived and stayed in one of the nine hotel rooms.
- 2nd generation, from 1939: Erich and Anna-Luise Diedrich led the house through a difficult time of war and occupation.
- 3rd generation, from 1980: Reinhard and Dorothea Diedrich took over the hotel and led it with consistent investment measures and high gastronomic quality on solid ground.
- 2007: Reinhard and Dorothea Diedrich initiated the comprehensive reorganization of the house into a wellness hotel & SPA with a major investment.
- 2012: The restaurant "Antons" was opened - named after founder Anton Diedrich.
- 4th generation, as of 2017: The business was handed over to sons Benjamin and Leander Diedrich.
- 2021: The wellness area was completed by the outdoor pool, more course and training space as well as additional sunbathing areas and the expansion of the sauna area.
The well-being of our guests is always our first priority. That's why we work tirelessly to constantly improve our recharge haven and enrich it with new ideas. Our passion for hospitality and quality drives us to provide you with unforgettable experiences time and time again.
Photos & Impressions